Keeping your spa clean is important to increasing its lifespan and promising clean, hot water for you and your family. But did you also know that keeping your spa cover clean is also important for clear, healthy water?
In the video below, AllSpa Water Care Technician Ryan will show you how to keep your cover clear of debris and protected from the elements.
1. Clean the Underside of Your Spa Cover
- Use a cloth to wipe down the underside of your spa cover.
- Avoid applying cleaning products to the bottom of your cover as they could degrade your cover’s materials & reduce its lifespan.
2. Clear Your Cover of Debris
- Rinse the top of the cover using a hose. This will remove loose dirt, pine needles, leaves and other debris.
- Use a soft bristled brush and water to remove stubborn dirt, algae and other residue that may have built up over time on your cover.
3. Reduce UV Damage to Your Cover
- Protect your cover & prevent it from cracking by using 303 Protectant Spay.
- Apply the protectant spray by wiping it on the top of the cover in circular motions and towards the edges of the cover.
- Get complete coverage– don’t forget to spray and wipe the sides and handles of your spa cover to prevent them from cracking.